Cadet College Hasan Abdal
Cadet College, Hasan Abdal is a residential high school located in Hasan Abdal, Attock District, Punjab, Pakistan.
|Motto: Second to None|
|Hasan Abdal, District Attock, Punjab (Pakistan)|
|Area||98 acres (400,000 m2)|
|Principal||Professor Moahmmad Asif Malik, Pride of Performance (Education)|
|Number of Wings||6|
Cadet College, Hasan Abdal is the first Cadet College in Pakistan and was established by the government of Punjab at the initiative of General Muhammad Ayub Khan, the then Commander-in-Chief of the Pakistan Army, originally to serve as a feeder institution to the Services Academies. For this purpose, Military Wings were started in 1952 in Government College, Sahiwal, and Islamia College, Peshawar. On the completion of buildings at the present location, the Military Wings were shifted to Hasan Abdal and the Cadet College started functioning as Punjab Cadet College in April, 1954. In 1960, the government constituted a Board of Governors to exercise administrative control over the college. Hugh Catchpole was the founder Principal of the College.
The college is located on the Rawalpindi/Peshawar road about 29 miles (48 km) from Rawalpindi/Islamabad, in natural surroundings near the junction of the National Highway and Hazara Trunk Road.
The college prepares the boys for the Secondary School and Intermediate Examinations conducted by the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Rawalpindi, General Certificate of Education “O Levels”from Cambridge University, United Kingdom. Cadets excel in each examination of the local board and have achieved distinctions in the University of London examinations.
The college is divided into 6 wings.
||Light blue||Jinnah||Muhammad Ali Jinnah|
||Red||Haider||Caliph Ali (whose epithet was ‘Haider‘)|
||Light maroon||Iqbal||Allama Muhammad Iqbal|
||Navy Blue||Omar||Caliph Omar|
||Yellow||Liaqat||Liaquat Ali Khan|
||Dark green||Aurangzeb||Aurangzeb Alamgir|
The physical training is oriented towards preparing the boys for the armed forces. However, they are free to pursue any field of study and take up any career after they leave the College.
The college is spread over an area of about 98 acres (400,000 m2). The buildings comprise a mosque, a double-storeyed Education Block, College Hall (known as Naeem Hall, in memory of ex-cadet Capt. Naeem Akhtar (Shaheed), six hostels called “Wings”, two cadets’ messes (known as Khatlani Hall and Hussain Shah Hall in memroy respectively of ex-cadet Lt. Ahmed Farooq Khatlani (Shaheed) and ex-cadet Lt. Hussain Shah (Shaheed), a swimming pool, a 16-bed hospital, the Administrative Block, Workshop, and Hobbies Block. Sports facilities include two squash courts and a number of football, hockey, cricket, basketball grounds and a riding school. The college has residential accommodation for the teaching and administrative staff.
Professor Mohammad Asif Malik, Pride of Performance (Education), Former Principal Sadiq Public School has been appointed as the new Principal of Cadet College Hassan Abdal
- Gen Khalid Shameem Wynne, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee
- Air Chief Marshal Abbas Khattak, former Chief of Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force
- Lt Gen Javed Ashraf Qazi, ex-Federal Minister of Education, Communication and Railways, ex-Secretary Railways, ex-Commander XXX Corps, Gujranwala and ex-DG ISI
- Lt Gen Iftikhar Ali Khan, ex-Secretary Defence and ex-Chief of the General Staff (CGS), Pakistan Army
- Lt Gen Hamid Javed, ex-Chief of Staff (COS) to the President of Pakistan and ex-Chairman HIT
- Lt Gen Masood Aslam, Commander XI Corps, Peshawar and Ex-IGT&E
- Sohaib Abbasi, formerly Senior Vice President of Oracle Tools and Education divisions, currently CEO of Informatica
- Prof. Dr. Asad Abidi, first Dean of LUMS School of Science and Engineering, Professor of Electrical Engineering at UCLA and Cornell
About the Author
Write a Comment
Gravatars are small images that can show your personality. You can get your gravatar for free today!
You must be logged in to post a comment.