|CECOS Educational Institutions have been sources of continuous support to more than twelve thousand students for developing their careers, especially in Business Management, Computer Sciences and Information Technology since 1986.
The story of genesis of this University and its evolution through various stages, started in the year 1986, Engr. Muhammad Tanveer Javed established in Peshawar Saddar a small private sector institution – CECOS Data Institute with only five computers and a very few students. CDI than designed a One year diploma course in Computer Science and got it approved from Board of Technical Education (B.T.E) for implementation in NWFP. Later this institute got affiliated to Peshawar University becoming the premier college to offer post graduate courses in computer science and University of London for certain computer courses. Today, AlhamdoLillah, it has on its role over one thousand students.
Gradually but steadily, realising the need to integrate computers and business education, CECOS moved forward; established a private sector Commerce College in 1987, which was rather the first private sector Commerce College in Peshawar, affiliated to Peshawar University for B.Com I and II and B.T.E for D.Com / DBA courses. Later, in 1994 our campus extended to Hayatabad, as CECOS Data College and programs of BSIT, MSIT, BCS, MCS, BBA and MBA were started. CECOS Data College was also authorised to be “Action Learning Center of Software Development” by UGC and Ministry of Communication to conduct Post-Graduate-Diploma in Software Development. During the same time, the Prestigious Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP) declared us as their Peshawar Center. It is the honor of CECOS that the Post-Master professional IT oriented courses in Management Accountancy commenced, for the first time at CECOS, Peshawar. Previously the ICMAP enrolled students had to go to Islamabad, Lahore or Karachi for these professional courses. The year 1996 saw the opening of the College of Engineering and Information Technology to run Communication and Civil Engineering programs. Later, the college got affiliated to NWFP University of Engineering and Technology.
Besides these in-land institutions, CECOS also moved to open the CECOS London College of Information Technology and Management in 1998, registered under UK rules, to facilitate credit transfer of our students to American and European Universities and to market software developed by us and conduct split degree programs. CECOS-London College is fully accredited and affiliated to world prestigious bodies like City & Guilds London, Institute of Management for Information Systems UK, London Chamber of Commerce and Industry, ACCA (UK) and British Computer Society to conduct diploma, advanced diploma and graduate diploma in IT, MIS and Business studies. These diplomas are equivalent to first year, second year and third year degree programs of most of the UK Universities with full credit transfer. All the courses of CECOS London college are fully accredited by British Accreditation Council (BAC, UK). Another landmark was achieved in the year 2001 when CECOS IT Park Project was opened with the aim to provide live facility to the students for the development of software and to capture the huge International software market.
Finally, the dawn of a new era began when Government of NWFP after realising the dedicated and zealous efforts of CECOS Educational Institutions in imparting quality & professional education, granted charter for University under the name & style of CECOS University of Information Technology & Emerging Sciences. This charter was promulgated vide Ordinance No. XXI of 2001. The University is recognised by Higher Education Commission (formerly known as University Grants Commission – UGC), Govt. of Pakistan. CECOS University has also received accreditation from International Universities Accrediting Association, USA.
|Since last 16 years, we are in tune with education in the fields of Information Technology, Computing, Business Studies and Management Sciences. The field of Information Technology has developed so rapidly that today every other field depends on it & therefore, while in CECOS, we have endeavoured that our students get utmost benefit from the modern age IT facilities with best possible environment and make themselves competent enough to face this challenging era.
Here at CECOS University, we are building a community of leaders. It is a learning and networking community, with an impressive mix of both experienced business and IT professional people interested in general management and knowledgeable instructors dedicated to looking at business & IT oriented environment in an integrated way.
If people join our community, expect to change — to change the way they think… the way they approach problem solving… the way they look at their work environment. It is a transformative educational experience, one that can move them to the next level of success.
Founded on the richness of conversation and the power of collaboration, our vibrant community is sustained through the practice of:
- Intellectual honesty,
- Authentic communication,
- Managerial integrity,
- Personal responsibility, and
- Mutual respect and support.
Men and women with diverse functional backgrounds from a variety of industries come together in a safe learning environment to grow professionally and personally. Their exchange with the facility is open and energizing, their interaction with colleagues engaging and dynamic. Together they explore advanced IT & management concepts as well as practical applications. They communicate ideas, share experiences, question assumptions, and examine perspectives. They are inspired to think more strategically and analyze more critically. And at the same time, they contribute to the growth of their peers through discussions and teaming.
Participate in the CU Programs and you will realize an outstanding IT, Business and management education and will also gain a valuable and lasting connection to a growing community of leaders.
Aims & Objectives
- To offer educational programs for career development.
- To adopt a personalized approach with close relationship between the faculty and the students.
- To emphasize on student centered learning.
- To continuously improve the capacity of its faculty.
- To develop education programs, integrating theory and practice for better results.
- To encourage creativity, learning and individual enterprise.
- To promote international perspectives in the curriculum, among students and faculty.
- To develop curricula of international standard and create an environment where students can develop analytical abilities and solutions to the real life problems, besides developing their creativity.
- To promote a sense of responsibility and the divine desire of learning in its students so that they can actively participate in the development of our communities.
- To plan measures and continuously monitor sustainable development of the University.
|CECOS has demonstrated its vision and will to progress in the field of Information Technology, Engineering, Management Sciences etc with its practical accomplishments over the past 16 years.
- About twelve thousand (12,000) male and female students have benefited from CECOS Educational Institutions. More than 1,800 students are currently studying in different disciplines as full or part time students. CECOS provides the continuing education and essential modern skills and facilities for working adults in its several evening programs.
- It has emerged as a major employer in the area with over 150 employees working full or part time, as an equal opportunity employer with out any discrimination.
- Teaching faculties provide a blend of highly experienced seniors with young talented experts of their subjects working together in a friendly environment.
- Starting from a rental office, it has developed its assets as building and equipment worth multi millions.
- An Information Technology Park, first in the private sector, has been planned and announced by CECOS as the back-bone enterprise urgently needed to comfort its ongoing developments and progress. Encouragement and support from the Government of NWFP has been of great value in organization and planning the CECOS IT Park.
- Now it plans to participate in building the capacity and infrastructure in the field of Information Technology, Bio-Technology & other Emerging Sciences required to facilitate an educational revolution in Pakistan. That is why, beside establishing educational Institutions for human resource development in the field of IT, Engineering., Management Sciences, an office in London is functioning over the past thee years, to manage and facilitate further continuing education of CECOSians for admission with full credit transfer to prestigious Universities of UK and USA. This office is also marketing the software development and export potentials of CECOS.
Recognitions / Accreditations
* Chartered by Government of NWFP
* Recognised by Higher Education Commission (HEC) see letter
* Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) Accredited B.Sc Electrical and Civil Engineering programmes
|With a blend of knowledgeable instructors and zealous students CECOS UNIVERSITY offers a life full of new challenges and advancement to all those who yearn to fulfill their dreams and achieve their objectives in their selected field of interest.
At CECOS we believe in providing the students with every facility which will help them in enhancing their existing knowledge, assisting them in exploring new fields and horizons. We make every effort to ensure that anyone who enters CECOS is groomed in every manner so that when he leaves us to join the practical world; he is able to stand tall amongst the rest and achieve great heights of success.
With all the modern age facilities at CECOS, the top most priority is given to assisting the students in utilizing every means available in acquiring the most advanced education / training available.
Student Information Centre
One stop shop, as we like to call it here at CECOS, we have made sure that from the day a student enters CECOS he is provided with all the information he needs at one place. At the time of admission whether it relates to inquiring about the course structure and other relevant details or whether it relates to credit transfer, all the matters are dealt from this one desk.
The ERO’s office ensures that the record of every student at the campus is kept updated and proper. All the academic and non academic activities of the student are recorded for future use and reference. The office is responsible for ensuring that the progress reports and other related information are sent to the parents of the students at proper time to keep them well informed of the progress their son / daughter / ward is making.
Recently renovated, CECOS University has a library providing the students with latest books and journals which not only assist them in gathering all the information required in completing their course work but also enhances and polishes their skills.
With a vast collection of books and international journals the students of CECOS can use the extended hours of the library for satisfying their thirst for knowledge.
With over a hundred Pentium IV computers, the computer labs of CECOS are the most updated and well equipped all over. Free internet access and the availability of any kind of software provides the students of every field with a gate way to acquiring all the skills necessary to becoming professionals in their selected fields.
The university is able to offer you help if you find that for any reason you meet problems and difficulties during your time at the university. Whether the problem is education related or domestic, the University counselor is available to the students throughout working hours for guidance and support.
To facilitate the students coming to CECOS from different areas of Peshawar, the University has provided its students with transport facility on most convenient rates. The student, rather than taking a discomforting ride in the public transport prefers to opt for University transport as it costs much less while the comfort is incomparable.
CECOS has many students who belong to other areas of the province. The quality education being provided has also attracted many students from other provinces of Pakistan. The university has arranged for accommodation for many such students at the University Hostel situated near the main campus of the University. With proper rooms and facilities, the University tries its best to provide a comfortable environment to these students.
The university provides its students with an insight into the current market as well as help with working out and implementing strategies in achieving your aims. You may discuss any ideas, concerns and issues on a one-to-one basis with the experienced faculty for in-depth guidance. The university is in regular contact with a large number of opportunity providers including local, nationals and international employers, professional associations and provides the students with every available information on vacancies, recruitment processes, training courses, presentation and occupational information. Vacancy lists are regularly posted on Notice Boards to inform the students about interviews in the leading organizations.
Financial support is available if you find yourself in hardship. The University’s merit cum need scholarship is available to all those students who may not be able to support themselves due to any difficulties of life. As per the recommendations of the committee especially constituted for this purpose a student is given what ever relief possible. The students who attain excellence in studies are awarded merit scholar ships. Every semester top three students of every batch are given scholarships worth thousands of rupees.
The University has provided its students with a well maintained cafeteria. Proper facility of refreshment has been provided to all at very reasonable rates. Students feel pleasure to get together during brakes to revitalize for more energy consumption in campus studies.
|CECOS University offers Scholarships to deserving students. The details are:
- 55% fee discount to students with more than 80% marks.
This scholarship is for the students seeking admission in Computer Science, IT, Business & Management disciplines.